Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nomadi

The idea of living a nomadic lifestyle has been in my head since I was very young, like old enough to ride a bicycle.  You see, once I had my "wheels" I discovered a much bigger world.  For years the ability to wander all day long, sometimes covering 60 miles or so, and still be home in time for supper was great, but eventually I needed something bigger than a bicycle.

After going through the pain of acquiring and supporting a car, I discovered that my world was going to be limited now by how much money I had to put into the car. After the car there is the girl, which leads to other interests. Of course, with the girl comes the likelihood of children which, for most people, will cause the sprouting of roots for many years or even decades.

Now my kids are gone, I have many vehicles and I still have the girl (which makes things that much nicer).  She has a pension for roaming and we both would like to reverse the roaming to working ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment